After I gained assurances from supermarket giant Tesco that they weren’t looking to buy The Wheatsheaf pub in Tooting Bec – I’ve been working hard to rule out other supermarket giants..
..and here are some of the replies I have had so far:
- Justin King, Chief Exec of Sainsbury's has written to me personally to assure me they have no interest in the pub
- LIDL won’t be looking to buy the Wheatsheaf says their Regional Director in his letter to me
- It’s been good to co-operative with the Co-op about the site – their letter says they are staying away
- No need to wait for Waitrose to put in a bid for the Wheatsheaf – managing director Mark Price confirms they have no plans
- And just for good measure – here’s my letter from Tesco, confirming they are not looking to buy the Wheatsheaf. Every little helps!
- I've now received reassurances from ASDA - ruling out any prospect of them taking on the site
- Not to forget Morrisons - who say even though they were approached by the owners, they are not looking to buy The Wheatsheaf.