I am looking for a full-time Administrative Officer to work in both Westminster and Tooting on a fixed-term contract ending on 31st March 2016.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with excellent communication skills, with experience and a good knowledge of the political process.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Opening and dispatching mail
• Diary management
• Assisting with arrangements for events (non-political)
• Responding to enquiries by telephone and e mail, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
• Providing administrative support in relation to MPs' expenses scheme
• Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
• Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
• Liaising with external suppliers when required regarding office supplies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to liaise effectively with constituents, Members of Parliament, Ministerial Departments, external organisations, local, national and international media
• Ability to work unsupervised but as part of the team
• Research and writing skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
• Ability to prioritise heavy workload in busy environment and meet deadlines
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales. Dependent on experience. Successful applicant will be paid at least the London Living Wage.
The closing date for all applications is midday on Wednesday 6th January 2016. Shortlisting of applicants will take place later that week, with successful applicants being notified on 8th January. Interviews will take place on week commencing 11th January, with the successful applicant starting on Monday 18th January 2016.
Applicants should send a letter of application and CV to: Joy Adeyemo, Office of Sadiq Khan MP, House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA or by email to email@example.com.
Further details are available by calling 020 7219 5820.