Salary: Dependent on experience, in line with IPSA pay scales.
I am looking for a full-time Parliamentary Assistant to work in both Westminster and Tooting.
The successful applicant will be an enthusiastic and conscientious individual with excellent communication skills, with experience and a good knowledge of the political process.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Respond effectively and courteously to policy and casework enquiries from constituents.
- Assist with routine constituency enquiries, both over the telephone and in person.
- Help arrange and attend advice surgeries (some of which will be outside of office hours)
- Be able to research independently and summarise complex subject matters succinctly.
- Undertake basic research in order to support me with debates, speeches and articles.
- Undertake some administrative tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to liaise effectively with constituents, Members of Parliament, Ministerial Departments, external organisations, local, national and international media.
- Ability to work unsupervised but as part of the team
- Research and writing skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Ability to prioritise heavy workload in busy environment and meet deadlines
The closing date for all applications is Friday 17th October. Shortlisting of applicants will take place later that week, with successful applicants being notified on Friday 24th October. All applicants will receive a response. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 29th October, with the successful applicant starting as soon as is practicable.
Applicants should send a letter of application and CV to: Ali Picton, Office of Sadiq Khan MP, House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details are available by calling 020 7219 5820 or at http://www.sadiqkhan.org.uk