At the last election, David Cameron promised the NHS would be safe in his hands.
- 60% of patients say they can’t see their GP within two days
- Almost 1 million people a year have to wait more than 4 hours in A&E, with ambulances queuing up to drop-off patients
- 4,000 nurses and thousands of other front-line staff have been lost to the NHS;
- Experts warn that A&Es don’t have safe staffing levels
- Waiting lists are growing and treatments like cataract removals and knee operations are being rationed.
The Tories wasted £3 billion on a top-down reorganisation that David Cameron promised wouldn’t happen. Private companies are benefiting and it’s our health care that’s suffering.
Labour would fund thousands more doctors, nurses, home-care workers and midwives, by clamping down on tax avoidance and by raising tax on tobacco companies and multi-million pound mansions.
The future of the NHS is important to everyone, but the Tories have plunged it into crisis. Please spend a few minutes answering these quick questions to help us better understand your views.